Start a new topic

Totaling Qty in quote/report

In my quotes, all of my Labor is assigned to an item type of labor.  Is there a way to print Total Labor (qty, not cost or price) on my report.

2 people have this question

Yes, we'd need a couple of formulae to achieve this.

Something like the below.

.if.documentitems->itemtype="Labor".then.documentitems->qtybase (put this in a detail section)

Then copy that formula to a report footer section, double-click on it and set the summarization type to 'total'.

Happy to do this via n online session for you, if you wish

matt@prestigequoting.com

That worked great…

I di not realize you could total a formula like that

I am new to Quotewerks can you walk me though how to do this?

This approach does not seem to work properly when grouped bundles are in the quote.  Is there a way to make this work?

This formula does not provide accurate data if a grouped bundle is present in the quote.  Is there are way to make this work?

Try using QTYTotal instead of QTYBase

Thanks - but it did not work the way I expected.  The real goal is to do a "materials only" invoice.  I assume itemtype="product" is the best differentiation.  Can't get it to total properly with grouped bundles in the quote. 

Can you share/send me some examples?

Here u go - thanks

DTF

Using your example, does the attached PDF show correctly?

pdf

Yes - the quantities are totaled correctly.  I would like to add the extended prices of these totaled items into a "material" subtotal in the footer of an invoice.  Could you send me the formulas you used?

I did this in a report, that's the only (easy) way to do this. If you need to show it on a regular layout, we could do all the calculations in a script and put that in a custom field you can use to show on your layout.

I don't have the corporate edition so I don't think I can do scripting.  Could you send me the formulas you used - perhaps I can set something up to do the calculations in a report and move the materials total to the invoice manually. Thanks for your help.

Login or Signup to post a comment