Start a new topic
Answered

Conditional printing

Hi, I am trying to print the contract term on the proposal as a phrase rather than a number but it does not work correctly.  The code I placed in a formula field is 

.if.documentitems->customtext06="12".then."1 YEAR TERM".else.

.if.documentitems->customtext06="24".then."2 YEAR TERM".else.

.if.documentitems->customtext06="36".then."3 YEAR TERM"

It only prints when it reads the 36.  Are multiple else statements allowed in the formula field or just level?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Multi-level should definitely be possible and what you've got looks good. I think that it could be just a couple of brackets that you need. Try the following: 

.if.documentitems->customtext06="12".then."1 YEAR TERM".else.(.if.documentitems->customtext06="24".then."2 YEAR TERM".else.(.if.documentitems->customtext06="36".then."3 YEAR TERM"))

I've not tried it and so if that doesn't work, then let me know and I'll give it a try myself.

Answer

Multi-level should definitely be possible and what you've got looks good. I think that it could be just a couple of brackets that you need. Try the following: 

.if.documentitems->customtext06="12".then."1 YEAR TERM".else.(.if.documentitems->customtext06="24".then."2 YEAR TERM".else.(.if.documentitems->customtext06="36".then."3 YEAR TERM"))

I've not tried it and so if that doesn't work, then let me know and I'll give it a try myself.

Yeah, that formula won't work.

https://www.quotewerks.com/kbase/showArticle.asp?articleid=5458

Take a look at the KB article above, that should help.

Login or Signup to post a comment