Start a new topic

02: Licensing Validation Issue

Periodically, throughout the workday, users get this error:

"02: Licensing Validation Issue! RunningInstance record for this instance was not found. Please save unsaved work and exit QuoteWerks"

We've already troubleshot the server, the network, & anything that would cause high CPU/Disk usage. 

Anyone encounter this issue?

What version and build are you running?

I do recall getting a few reports from my clients about this, but haven't had a report for several months.

Are you running a SQL/Access backend database, do you know?

Hi Matt/QW Support,

I have noticed a similar error message coming from only one user from time to time as of late. Though the one he received today shows the following "02: Licensing Validation Issue! RunningInstance record for this instance was not found." 

We are running Access backend DB. Do you have any tips or tricks I can run to get this resolved?

He seems to be the only user getting this error out of 14 other users in the DB currently.

Almost certainly an issue with the workstation as opposed to QW, particularly if only one user is experiencing it. I have seen some machines have some sort of power saving mode on the network adapter (wifi/ethernet) that causes it to 'sleep' after a period of inactivity. Disabling this has been known to resolve this sort of issue. 14 users is quite a lot for an Access database. Are you on the corporate edition?

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your quick response, that does make more sense. I suspected it was more on the user than the DB but I just wanted to make sure. Yes, believe me it’s been my fight uphill to get them to move over to SQL due to the fact they have so many QW users but they are stuck on Access but yes it is Corporate edition.

Best Regards,

Ty Carr 
IT Infrastructure Support Technician

Traka/KEYper/Marine IT-US

www.traka.com

Going from Access to SQL (most of my clients are on SQL Express, which is more than ample for QuoteWerks) is often a night/day difference in terms of performances/scalability; particularly when doing quite intensive things like document searching.

One of my clients had this experience:

• MS ACCESS: Click the Open icon, it attempted to load about 90,000 documents; 43 seconds
  • MS SQL EXPRESS: Click the Open icon, it attempted to load about 90,000 documents; 5 seconds.
It's easy enough to create a sandbox QuoteWerks, rehost that Sandbox to SQL and review the performance. Once they see how QW could perform, you don't normally need to cajole them much!

(If you wanted, I'd be happy to do this on my machine and show you a before/after if you were able/willing to share your QW folder).

Login or Signup to post a comment