Start a new topic

Restrict Sales Reps to seeing just QuoteValet Insight?

I have sales reps that need to monitor a quote once it reaches the invoice/payment phase.  Is there anyway to restrict their view once logging into QW Web to just the QuoteValet Insight?  Is there way to send them directly to the Insight page?  I don't want them to have access to other features and etc.

I have created a user, and attempted to restrict their access, but it does not appear to keep them from much.  I only want them to have see/access QuoteValet Insight.

1 Comment

Hey Richard! I took some time to review your request, and I believe there is a way you can accomplish what you are trying to do. In QuoteWerks Desktop navigate to Utilities > User Maintenance. Here you will want to create a user that you want to have this restricted access. You will want to go to the access tab and select nearly all of the options here. 

You will want to select every line that begins with Cannot EXCEPT for these three:

• CannotUseQuoteValetLicense
  • CannotUseQuoteValetInsight
  • CannotUseQuoteValetInsightMySummary

You will want to make sure that all the CanSee and CanUse options for QuoteValet Insight are selected. Additionally, you will want to make sure none of the options that begin with "NonMasterRIghtsUser" are selected. 

This will make it so that when this user logs into QuoteWerks Web they will still see and be able to click into the different pages but will not be able to perform any actions. The only full function areas they will have access to will be QuoteValet Insight and QuoteValet Dashboard. 

Alternatively, you can provide the user with a direct link to QuoteValet Insight and it will bring them directly there after login. The default is https://www.quotevalet.com/Login/ however this can be adjusted in the QuoteValet Setup page to be *CNAME*.quotevalet.com/Login/. You can set or check on the status of this setting by navigating to Tools > Options > QuoteValet > QuoteValet Setup.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to call our support team and they will be happy to review with you in more detail. 

Login or Signup to post a comment