Start a new topic

Adding a Second Required Checkbox to the QV Acceptance Terms

Hi All,

I'm struggling with something and hoping someone out there might be able to point me in the right direction. 

We have a need to add a second required checkbox to the acceptance terms of our QuoteValet template. I think I must have tried every combination available, but I just can't seem to get the checkbox to be required. I can add the second checkbox no problem, just can't seem to make it required. I've attached a screenshot if it helps.

Here's my code with the attached screen shot showing the output:

Order Confirmation

</h4>

<p>

We reserve the right to cancel orders arising from errors, inaccuracies, or omissions.

</p>

<div id="acceptance-details" class="form form-type-001 form-style-001 validationGroup">

<div id="acceptance-terms-area">

[QV_InputAcceptCheckbox:class="required checkbox acceptance-terms-checkbox"]

<label id="acceptance-terms">

I agree to the terms and conditions of the above document and PDF attachment with

an electronic signature below.

<p>

This is placeholder text for the second checkbox

</label>

</div>

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. Much appreciated!

Capture.JPG
(61.6 KB)

Ping me an email, I have this working. Quite easy.. "when you know how"!

Possibly not working because the same ID has been used for both checkboxes?

anyone solve this?  I'm trying the same thing. I've got it working as a textbox, but not as a checkbox. help! Matt? :)

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I have this working and have rolled this out to a number of clients.

Caveats, the checkbox doesn't show as checked in the PDF that QV sends you on order confirmation.

cool...so what's the quite easy thing we're missing?

It's a little more involved than 'quite easy' - I'm based in the UK, but at my desk, ping me an email and maybe we could screenshare?

(I'd test this by creating a new template, a clone of your existing one, so we're not affecting anything 'live' until we've tested)

Kevin, Was this ever solved? I am trying to do the same thing now. 

Needs HTML adjustments to be made, there's nothing native you can simply enable in QuoteValet.

Shoot me an email and we can arrange a screenshare.

I'd like to know this too, can we post it here for reference?  Here's what I have and I can get the second checkbox to be required:

<div id="acceptance-details" class="form form-type-001 form-style-001 validationGroup">
                <div id="acceptance-terms-area">
                        I agree to the terms and conditions of the above document and PDF attachment with
                        an electronic signature below.
                    </label>
					[QV_InputAcceptCheckbox:class="required checkbox acceptance-terms-and-conditions-checkbox"]
                    <label id="acceptance-terms-and-conditions">
                        I have read and agree to the general terms and conditions listed in <a target="_new" href="https://yourmom.com/TermsAndConditions">Our Company Terms and Conditions</a>.
                    </label>
                </div>
       </div>
 </div>

It looks pretty good but doesn't appear to be required.

Thanks for any help.

Give it a different class.

It won't show as ticked, on the PDF confirmation, but it will be required to be checked before a client can accept on the QV

I understand some changes might be coming to QV soon, in relation to internal/external signoff.

1 person likes this

Matt, 

Thanks for the reply!!  

When you say give it a different class, I think I already am, the first one is:

and the second one is:

[QV_InputAcceptCheckbox:class="required checkbox acceptance-terms-and-conditions-checkbox"]

This is pretty silly that QV doesn't support this (I e-mailed support and they said mucking with the CSS was at your own risk without any documentation) so hopefully they've got some better options soon!

Thanks,

--Andrew

Login or Signup to post a comment