Start a new topic

Modifying Button Text

Maybe I'm missing something here, but is there a simple way to modify the text of the "Update" ([QV_SubmitOptions]), "Click to Accept" ([QV_SubmitAccept]) and "Submit" ([QV_SubmitComment]) buttons in QuoteValet quotes? I tried adding a value attribute to the macros in the source html (in the same way that you can add class attributes), but it didn't seem to work.

I tried for some time and never got it to work. Can customise pretty much everything else about the button, but I could never get the value to stick, or without it throwing errors..

1 person likes this

Thanks Matt. I'm contemplating writing some Javascript to try to change the value but I don't even know if that will work right. And it feels pretty hacky and inelegant.

I agree, the best I was able to come up with were things like the below. So I can customise the look and feel, but after spending 3 hours on the wording.. I just gave up!

---

1 person likes this

Well...if anyone knows a better way to do this, please let me know, but if you add a script that modifies the id attribute of each after the macro has rendered, it will change the text of that button.

I used jQuery .val i.e.:

<script>
        $("#QV_SubmitAccept").val("Click to Accept Proposal");
        $("#QV_SubmitComment").val("Submit your Question");
        $("#QV_SubmitOptions").val("Update Total")
</script>

1 person likes this

*Modify the value attribute of each id -- 

Guess I can't update posts? Only a delete option.

Hi Steve - 

Yes, a javascript is the only way to change these currently such as you have done or for example 

CLICK TO ACCEPT:

<script type="text/javascript">

var elem = document.getElementById("QV_SubmitAccept");

elem.value = "TEXTE SUR LE BOUTON";

</script>

UPDATE:

var elem = document.getElementById("QV_SubmitOptions");

elem.value = "TEXTE SUR LE BOUTON";

</script> 

SUBMIT: