Start a new topic

Partial invoicing

We often quote for large projects and have a payment schedule such as 25% with order, 25% on delivery to site, 30% on commissioning and 20% on go live. I'm trying to work out if there is a way to partially convert an order to an invoice whilst leaving the remaining part of the order outstanding. Does anybody else do this in QW and how have you done it? I know we could transfer the order into our Sage 50 accounts system and then partially invoice from there but I'm trying to manage the commercials (other than the pure accounting aspects) of the projects through a single system for reporting purposes.

Thanks

Tony 

How does this sound.

Quote of £1,000 converted to Order.

• Convert Order to Invoice and adjust the invoice to £250
  • Convert Order to Invoice (again) and adjust the invoice to £250
  • Convert Order to Invoice (again) and adjust the invoice to £300
  • Convert Order to Invoice (again) and adjust the invoice to £200

You then have your one order and 4 invoices (with the 4 invoices equalling the order value).

Am I oversimplifying?

Hi Matt Nope, your not oversimplifying it. That works for me. You've also given me another idea that works in the order process. By creating a master quote and then multiple revisions with the different values I can create 4 orders which we can then convert to invoices at the appropriate time.

Excellent news.. I'm normally quite good at missing something obvious, but glad we seem to have found something that works for you!

QuoteWerks will have a little 'witter' at you when you try to convert something (an order) more than once, as this isn't "normal" but you can click Yes to continue through.

If you don't already have it, then there's information on our QuoteWerks & Sage 50 Account integration here.

Ask you QuoteWerks Reseller or email me - steve@hilltopsit.co.uk for more information.

Login or Signup to post a comment