Start a new topic

Issues during upgrade

Issues with upgrade. I went to update to the 1/23/18 update. 
I ran the upgrade but it seems to have hung up. 

The first time I ran it, it ended up failing after an hour. 

The second time, I had to do the upgrade again. 

From there it's hung. The uninstallwise process has 20-30% CPU utilization 

I could really use some help/insight. What do you think is happening? 

Windows 10 Pro

Office 2016

Autotask

Patrick, 

It is unusual for QuoteWerks to take that much time to install or not finish as Matt mentioned. 

I will have a QuoteWerks Technical Support Representative follow-up with you. If you have questions before they contact you, please feel free to give us a call at 407-248-1481 or email support@quotewerks.com.

I can confirm that as of about a year ago, when I upgrade the installation, from my computer (towards the server), everything completes, but the installer never exits at the end. It stays stuck in the task manager (some ~GL#### task or something similar).

I even get the initial launch after nsetup portion completes so that whatever update scripts need to run actually do run, but in the end, a CTRL+ALT+DEL and End Task is the only way to exit the installer.

I have reported to support but this is apparently not duplicatable. I have tried all the A/V stuff, and I am always installing with "Run as Administrator" privileges, so there's really not a good explanation for where it's getting stuck or why.

*Touch Wood* In 12 years, I've never seen a QW update start but not finish, but that doesn't help you..

As an IT company, I'm sure you've checked the obvious:

-No A/V pop-ups/warnings

-Connection to the QW server still OK

-Connectivity from the machine you're using to update OK

-Full Control of the QuoteWerks / System32 / SysWOW64 folders

Is it failing at any obvious point, like a file it's trying to update?

I just had the upgrade fail on me tonight and am stuck until I can contact support anr they rerun the scripts to fix their buggy software. QuoteWerks always fails during updates. Almost everytime I have to open a support case for them to resolve.

The same problem happens with me when I am trying to upgrade windows 8.1 to windows 10 in my pc its hangup and I have to do so many times after contacting 

Bitdefender Error 1020
 they solve this issue and now my pc is running well.
Login or Signup to post a comment