Start a new topic

Change defaults in the Autotask Sync dialogue

Hi all

Is it possible to change any of the defaults in the Autotask sync box? If so, I'd like to suggest that we can override them in the settings. 

In the attachced, I'd like to change the default setting in the "Create New Autotask Opportunity" dialogue such that the user HAS TO choose whether to create a new opp, or choose from a list of existing opps. 

Currently what happens is that, because Create New is the default, the users tend to hit OK and move on to the next box, or don't think about the choices there. This means duplicate opps in AT, which means incorrect pipeline, which means more work, which doesn't get done.....etc.....

What I'd like to see is the ability for that field to be left blank by default, and force the user to explicitly choose either  Create New, or choose from a list of existing. That would mean that they can associate it back to an existing opp, rather than create a new one. 

I appreciate that they can select an existing opp, but the default action means that they create new ones. 

I don't believe there's an option to change the default behaviour of that drop-down and have another client with this request, still outstanding.

I've had a number of requests over the years to be able to define defaults when that window is presented, but nothing has come of that as yet.

The fiddly (but it works) option is to create new quote from this screen, which will then have a new QW quote already linked to the client/opportunity: https://www.quotewerks.com/helpfilelatest/quotewerksdashboardnotificationsforautotask.htm

I don't believe there's an option to change the default behaviour of that drop-down and have another client with this request, still outstanding.

I've had a number of requests over the years to be able to define defaults when that window is presented, but nothing has come of that as yet.

The fiddly (but it works) option is to create new quote from this screen, which will then have a new QW quote already linked to the client/opportunity:

Login or Signup to post a comment