Start a new topic

A plea : Being able to change Zoho Save defaults

Hi all

I've made this plea before, and I'll literally buy cake and coffee for the Quotewerks team if they can this one single option for me. 

When saving the quote to a contact manager (Zoho in our case, but we've just moved from Autotask with the same concern) we need to be able to force the user to choose a Deal / Opportunity from the Zoho and prevent them, by default, from creating a new Deal/Opportunity. 

The use case is simple. We ask users to forecast deals in Zoho (and we had the same issue in Autotask before that). They add them as deals with numbers and notes and percentages etc. When the client gets interested, they then create a quote in QW. Often, this is the final stage of the deal, by then, often, the client is red hot. However, as the default Save action in QW is to create a new Zoho deal, you now get duplicates. Yes the user can associate the quote with an existing deal, but as it's not the default, they tend to skip through it. This leads to duplicates which mess up the data and forecasting, and also means the user has to Lose one deal; but one has the historic notes and data, and one has the actual pricing and quotes. 

All we need is a tick box in the Contact Manager settings that says something like "Force selection of Deal" or something. This would change the default behaviour to having the user select a deal from the save drop down, and perhaps have a ticket box next to it (that's blank) that says "Save as new deal", which they tick if they want to. 

Same functions, just changing the default behaviour. 

Olly

1 Comment

I've wanted this option for various CRMs for many a year and no longer hold my breath.

If the drop-down were empty (and required), a user would have to click the drop-down and if they're going to that much 'effort', they're then more likely to set an existing opportunity than a new deal (same effort, might as well select the right one).

As you say, with it defaulting (and no way to change it) to 'Create a New Deal' people tend to skip through it.

The only thing we can do:
If the document hasn't yet been linked to a deal
Throw a pop-up to the user reminding them that they have to select the existing deal from the drop-down.
This have proved to improve things between 85-98% .. but it doesn't force them, so it's not bullet proof - but it does noticeably decrease the number of duplicates.

Login or Signup to post a comment