Start a new topic

updated to V24 3.04 so small can hardly read

Just updated my laptop version to the latest build V24, build 3.04 and the text is now so small I can hardly read it.  I upgraded my desktop the other day and no problems.  It's not my screen resolution because everything else is the same as before the install.  Is there a setting you can change the resolution the program runs?  I'll attach a snip of the part of the window next to other text to compare.  Neither window zoomed in / out, just normal resolution.  

Figured a work around - changed the DPI scaling settings for the program.

For anyone else with a similar issue, I think that Mark is referring to the 'Scale and Layout' setting within Windows Display settings...

Hi, I have the same issue. The windows scaling on all other programs works fine - it's only Quotewerks.  How do I change the DPI scaling settings for only Quotewerks? Thank you.

I just found out how to change the dpi settings within QW, and Mark's suggestion did solve it. Thank you.

I want to take a moment to explain in more detail how you can make it so that the QuoteWerks window scaling adheres to settings set in Windows under System > Display. 

To accomplish this:

1. Exit QuoteWerks
  2. Navigate to the QuoteWerks folder in File Explorer and right click on the qw icon
  3. Select Properties
  4. Click into the Compatibility tab
  5. At the bottom of this window click the button that says "Change high DPI settings"
  6. Under Program DPI make sure that "Use this setting to fix scaling problems..." is not selected
  7. Under High DPI scaling override make sure "Override high DPI scaling behavior" is not selected

If you follow these steps, reopen QuoteWerks, and use System > Display to change the Scale, the QuoteWerks application will rescale accordingly. 

1 person likes this

Here is a link to a video on this topic: https://youtu.be/0M0DKYSI2v4

Login or Signup to post a comment