Start a new topic

Linking Connectwise Sales Order to PO Line Items

We are new to QuoteWerks and working through the PO integration options.  Prior to QW, we were able to generate manual and Vendor Eletronic Purchase Orders from Connectwise Sell/CPQ and have them created in the CW PO module and this linked the CW Sales Order line item to the CW PO line item.  As a result, when line items in each PO were received with Serial Numbers & shipping details captured, our invoicing out of Sales Orders would include all of this information automatically.  I have noticed that when a PO is exported from QuoteWerks to Connectwise, the link to a Sales Order is missing.  This assumes, of course, I have won the opportunity in QuoteWerks and the Sales Order conversion has already occurred.  As a result, I have started creating POs from the Connectwise Sales order so that link is established, while also creating the PO in QuoteWerks for tracking and S/N capture.  This is double entry and complicates the posting of updated information collected in the QuoteWerks PO to the Connectwise PO.  

Am I missing a setting or datalink somewhere that has this linkage built in to the integration between QuoteWerks Purchase Orders and Connectwise Purchase Orders?  

Is this, from the documentation, relevant?

In ConnectWise, you can create a manual PO by creating a new PO and then selecting items from the ConnectWise Product list to add to the PO. This type of PO does not associate the added products with any customers/Tickets/Opportunities. When QuoteWerks creates a PO in ConnectWise, it creates it the same way as described above.

When this type of PO is received against, no customer invoice items will generate because the PO items are not associated with any customers/Tickets/Opportunities.

When you have the ConnectWise Purchasing Module, the more typical workflow is to convert an Opportunity to a Sales Order or Ticket. That action will create "Product Demand" for those products, which will appear under the ConnectWise Purchasing tab. From that Purchasing tab, you can choose items to include on a ConnectWise PO. When you follow this workflow, the items on the PO are associated with a customer/Ticket/Opportunity. So when they're received against the PO, the appropriate billing records will generate.

Matt, thank you for your response.  I had reviewed this documentation previously and did not correlate the additional pivot of the Product Demand and manual push to a Connectwise PO to this workflow.  In our prior use case, the creation of the PO in CPQ/Sell appears to have automated this/these step/s in the background so I did not have to do so.  I'll make a note of this and adjust my workflow accordingly.  

Additionally, this could be an enhancement that can improve efficiency and reduce confusion and replication of effort.  In the most ideal scenario, I would not pivot to Connectwise Procurement Module for anything other than validation of information updated to it by QuoteWerks.  

I'll submit as an enhancement request for consideration by the QuoteWerks Development team.  

Login or Signup to post a comment