Start a new topic

Moving QW to a new Server

I am about to move QuoteWerks to a new server.  The server name will be the same and all other aspects of the server will be the same. We currently use server version of QW with about 9 users 2 of which are remote.

I'm going to copy the QuoteWerks folder over and run the setup again. Is there anything I'm missing or does anyone have a link to how to do this?  I've looked everywhere and just want to be sure I'm doing this right.

From the user perspective, it sounds like 'nothing is changing' so it all should just work.

If the current location is SERVER-ABC\QuoteWerks, and the new location is SERVER-ABC\QuoteWerks, then nothing to do from the user side of things.

If you're running a SQL database, you'll need to backup the existing database and restore to the new server, and will need to use the same SQL logon/password. (If this changes, you can tell QW the new credentials).

You might find this useful, Sally... Moving QuoteWerks Corporate Re-hosted to a New Server

We have Solutions Articles that cover moving QuoteWerks in a variety of types of installs available here too:

https://tickets.quotewerks.com/support/solutions/categories/9000017805/folders/9000190481

Login or Signup to post a comment