Start a new topic

QuoteValet price change

We sometimes bill  customers for a deposit when a project has been awarded, but the final details will determine the final price. is there a way to convert a quote to an order and partial bill through Quotevalet, but allow the price in Quotevalet to dynamic change to reflect updated pricing as the details are finalized?

Would using a combination of the QuoteWerks Workbook Document Items tab -> Deposit Amount and QuoteValet tab -> Request Payment button features work for you?

I've tried this. The problem is once a quote is converted to an order or invoice, it locks the price shown in QuoteValet for payment purposes. So if I have a project with a price showing $1000, convert the document to an order or invoice to bill a $500 deposit, and then the final project price increases by $50, QuoteValet will continue to show the price of $1000, not the final project price of $1050

Yeah, QV just isn't expecting this to happen. "Once it's signed, it's signed/fixed/locked" - I don't think anyone will be able to work any magic on this, other than the QW development team.

Login or Signup to post a comment