Start a new topic

layout with line highlights

Now that QW allows you to highlight items with various colors, is it possible to create a layout that utilizes those highlights and colors?

Thank you,

1 person has this question

I would love to do this as well.

1 person likes this

This can be accomplished in the layout designer with suitable filters such as:

DocumentItems->HighlightColor="xxxxx"

you'd need to filter it out of any other detail sections, too.

I failed to reply to my own thread that I did implement the layout to print highlights after digging some more into filters.  Matt as usual has the answer and it works beautifully.  Matt thank you for always being so helpful.

Good morning!  thank you for your quick response.  I am still having trouble with having two different colors  on a layout.  As you can see when I try to add a second highlight (green) it has two of the same line, one green and the other non-highlighted.  I have attached below what ehe edited layout looks like.

Here is the code for the yellow:   .if.documentitems->customtext20="A"

Here is the code for the green section:  .if.documentitems->customtext20="B"

Thank you for looking at this!!

Rob

You're close!

You need to edit out the first detail section.

Something like:

documentitems->customtext20<>"A"

You will need to edit out the first detail section, as that is still valid for the line that duplicates.

Perhaps something like:

.if.documentitems->customtext20<>"B"

You will need to edit out the first detail section, as that is still valid for the line that duplicates.

Perhaps something like:

.if.documentitems->customtext20<>"B"

Wow thank you again for the quick response.  In the first section which is non-highlighted I have this as the filter:

.if.documentitems->customtext20<>"A".and..not.documentitems->&lineattributeprintpicture

try adding 

.and.documentitems->customtext20<>"B"

It worked!  Thank you so much.  I have even added a third color as well.  See screen shot.  I needed the colors as the customer has asked me for one quote to include three phases of work.  I found coloring the layout was easiest for them to understand.  Thank you again and I wish the best for your business in the UK

Great! Nice work Robert!

Matt, Thank you again!  Here is the code that Matt figured out for me found in the first section.

.if.documentitems->customtext20<>"A".and..not.documentitems->&lineattributeprintpicture

.and.documentitems->customtext20<>"B"

.and.documentitems->customtext20<>"C"

Login or Signup to post a comment