Start a new topic

Automatically do not print items with a 0 quantity

Is there a setting to not print items with a 0 quantity?  I know I can use line attributes to selectively do this and we do that but would prefer the 0 quantity option as it is simply faster and easier to train.

We have a long list of items in a template and go back and forth with the customer on which items to include in the final quote.  Messing with the attributes or deleting/adding products is cumbersome.

TIA!

-Jeremy

2 people have this question

That worked great – thanks!

Jeremy ChernyPresident/CEO
Tobin Solutions Inc.

add to that .and.DocumentItems->QtyTotal<>0

Thank-you however I'm struggling where and how exactly i input the above recommendation. See screenshot of the filtering of the detail section.  What should the entry look like when completed? Below is what is currently there.  

Edit a layout

right-click on a detail section you want to suppress, 'Filter'

DocumentItems->QtyTotal<>0

Curious where and how do i implement the logic you provide above so that when i go to preview or print quantities with "0" will not?

You can control this easily enough on a QuoteWerks layout with a filter, but that won't help if you're in QuoteValet (unless we got involved with Javascript).

It would be very easy to change the line attribute automatically via a script.

The logic would be something like:

If the QTY = 0 - set PrintLine=No

If the QTY <> 0 - set PrinteLine=Yes

(this could handle when items go from 0 to >0, or from items previously >0 subsequently changed to 0)

Login or Signup to post a comment